Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thing 9

Which method of finding feeds did you find easiest to use? I didn't find one easier than the other. I think I'm a browser who really likes to see multiple avenues and cruise each one.

Which Search tool was the easiest for you? Just because it had a long list to choose from rather than actually searching, I liked "The Cool Cat Teacher Blog."

Which was more confusing? Topix

What kind of useful feeds did you find in your travels? I already had some blogs in mind that I wanted to locate: Joyce Valenza, Doug Johnson, for two. I also worked off their blogs for others. In addition, I liked several of the blogs from School Library Journal list so I added some of those.

What other tools or ways did you find to locate newsfeeds? I sometimes just used one blog to lead to another and that kind of browsing method was preferable to the search method.

While I'm appreciative of those who have oodles of blogs in their list, I don't have the time or the focus to go through that many. I found the easiest was to add lots, then read for several days and see which ones were really on the target for my needs and unsubscribe from the rest. So, although I originally signed up for a whole component of "Thinking" blogs, I narrowed it down to NPR's "This I believe."

1 comment:

VWB said...

we have links to Joyce and Doug on the L2P blog...scroll WAY down past all the players, etc.!