Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Thing 8

RSS-feeds are not an area with which I was familiar so everything here was new ground. I set up mine with Google Reader and had no difficulty doing that. I explored some of the groups that were available and quickly realized that I needed to be choosy or I would spend my life reading blogs instead of books.

However, I did find that, once I explored and became more selective, I could limit myself to those things that I really needed to stay up to date on: technology and book reviews. And most of these blogs weren't those that had daily postings, so masses wouldn't accumulate if I didn't look at them daily. As per personal life, I need to investiage the RSS-feed/eBay connection.

I'm not sure how my elementary school library would make use of this, but it would appear that there's much current information available via blogs for users of academic, public, and secondary school libraries. I would like to review the other Library2Play blogs to see how others foresee use.

No comments: